Our Brazilian Jiu Jitsu program
The Yamasaki Academy offers a complete Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instruction program that incorporates expert instruction in traditional and new techniques, live sparring, competition training, and strength/conditioning. The classes are designed to be intense and utilize a vigorous exercise program to conditions students for competition but the instructors recognize that each student is an individual with unique goals and progresses at his or her own level. Beginning and advanced classes are options based on each student’s athletic abilities, martial arts background, and level of fitness.
Yamasaki Academy offers the highest level of technique, discipline, student safety, and expert instruction in the Washington Area because Yamasaki Academy is the ONLY Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school in the area with THREE BLACK BELTS from Brazil. As the Yamasaki Academy has grown, each location is home to American born Black Belts certified in the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
A typical Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class is one and a half hours and includes
- • 20 minute warm-up to help protect against injury and increase stamina and fitness.
- • 40 minutes of instruction from a Black Belt instructor teaching various techniques submissions, takedowns, sweeps, reversals, and escapes. Students’ questions are always welcomed during the technique portion of the class.
- • 30 minutes of live sparring in order to practice and execute the various techniques learned during the technique class (but students are not limited from using other techniques from previous classes)
In addition to being a proven self-defense system, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has many benefits for your overall health and lifestyle. Common benefits may include weight loss, increase of cardiovascular health, increased self-confidence, discipline, and diet.
The Yamasaki Academy has an excellent staff with many years of teaching and competition experience including:
- • Mario Yamasaki (4th degree black belt originally from Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- • Fernando Yamasaki (5th degree black belt originally from Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- • Francisco Neto (3rd degree black belt originally from Sao Paulo, Brazil)